Sunday, September 03, 2006

DAY SEVEN: Salt Lake City, UT to Auburn, CA

September 2, 2006

8:24 AM
We depart Salt Lake City.

8:37 AM
I spot the Great Salt Lake!


10:05 AM
We visit the Bonneville Salt Flats.

I leave my mark on the salt flats of Utah of all places!

10:15 AM
We enter Nevada.

10:18/9:18 AM
We enter the Pacific Time Zone.

10:40 AM
We pass through Elko, NV, the "Home of Cowboy Poetry." Hmmm, I wish we could have stayed to hear some of that...

2:31 PM
We make a quick change of plans, bypassing Fallon, NV and continuing on the road. There's no stopping us now!

3:28 PM
We arrive in Reno.

4:41 PM and $3 later
We depart Reno.

Official Nevada Roadkill Tally
1 skunk
4 coyote
8 rabbits
2 foxes
1 hawk

4:53 PM
We enter California!

We drive through Tahoe National Forest.

6:08 PM
We arrive in Auburn, CA.


DAY SEVEN SUMMARY:
Total miles driven - 608.5 (Record breaking!)
Number of states driven in - 2

1 comment:

Kristinmichelle said...

I really like the pictures from the salt flats.

There is something powerfully moving about leaving your mark like that...